Australian Visa Intervention

Our team assists students, individuals, families, businesses and anyone navigating their immigration requirements.

Visa Intervention Help 

Australian Visa Ministerial Intervention
Lawyers and Agents

Request for Ministerial Intervention

The Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) can review some decisions about visas made by the Department of Home Affairs. This includes review of decisions to refuse or cancel certain visas.

If the review of your visa decision by the AAT turns out to be unfavourable, it may be possible to request ministerial intervention to change the decision.

Such intervention must be deemed to be in “the public interest”. This means you need to demonstrate unique or exceptional circumstances (with supporting documentation) for your case to be referred to the relevant Minister for consideration.

It is expected that you hold a current bridging or other visa in Australia while your request for ministerial intervention is being processed.

There are many cases the Minister will not intervene in. There may also be alternative visa pathways for you to take, or alternative ways to have the decision reviewed, for example, judicial review in court.

Contact Us today to help with your visa requirements.

Request for Ministerial Intervention visa
Back to top of page